Featuring book reviews primarily in the sci-fi/fantasy, YA, and contemporary fiction genres.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stacking the Shelves 07/29/12

Hosted by Tynga's Reviews


BOUGHT

The Secret History by Donna Tartt - (from Goodwill) 
This book is amazing. I'm pretty sure I've read it at least 3 times. Anyway, I finally decided to buy this one since I've had my dad's copy of it on my shelves for the last 4 years.... probably time to give it back to him. =)

All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy - (from Goodwill) 
Another beautifully written book. I haven't read this in about 7 years, so hopefully it's as good as I remember!

The Club Dumas by Arturo - (from Goodwill) 
I've been wanting to read this for awhile, so I was really excited that I found it. Who doesn't love books about books?? It kinda sounds like The Shadow of the Wind/The Angel's Game, so hopefully it's as good as those.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - (from Amazon)
Oh gosh. I read the excerpt of the first chapter on Goodreads and immediately ordered it. Technically, I got this and the 2 below about 3 weeks ago, but I haven't even cracked any of them open yet because I have so many library books checked out! It's just sitting there on my nightstand... waiting...

The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart - (from Amazon)
I read the first book in this series (The Crystal Cave) earlier this summer, and it was awesome. I love pretty much anything about King Arthur, so I'm surprised it took me this long to get around to this series. 

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - (from Amazon)
I NEEDED to buy this book. I got it from the library last month, and I was really hesitant to read it because of the title but... oh my gosh. I found a new favorite! (Probably gonna try to get the boyfriend to read this one soon. I love that he likes YA, it's awesome. Seriously, I borrowed HIS copies of the Twilight series when we first started dating...)


WON

 Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas
Won this from Goodreads First Reads. Woooo for chick lit!




That's about it for this week, but I have a couple more on the way from Amazon that should be here soon! I work full time in the summers, so I actually have money to spend on books for a few months. It's very exciting haha. Also, I don't know how I JUST now realized how great Goodwill is for buying books. Seriously. You'd think I would've known this a lot earlier considering I'm so cheap frugal. The one in my town is $1 for mass market paperbacks, $2 for regular paperbacks, and $3 for hardcovers. It's pretty hit or miss, and there obviously aren't many super new releases, but the prices? You really aren't going to do better than that anywhere else. So for all those books that you've been meaning to buy for the last 5 years, I'd definitely take a look at Goodwill and see what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment