Featuring book reviews primarily in the sci-fi/fantasy, YA, and contemporary fiction genres.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bookshelf Tour!

I don't know about you guys, but I LOVE seeing other people's bookshelves. Not sure why, maybe I'm just nosy haha. So anyway, I thought I would give you a tour of mine!


This is my bookshelf at my mom's house... AKA all the books I've left behind for most of the year while I'm at college. I'm pretty sure the thing I'm most excited for when I graduate and get an apartment of my own is being able to have all of my stuff in one place, especially my books! It's so frustrating when I want to read a certain book and then realize it's 300 miles away haha. Anyway, this bookshelf is organized by genre, but besides that, I pretty much put things wherever they fit. I really need more shelves.

Starting at the top: this is pretty much my over-flow shelf. There are some comic anthologies (yes I have 15 Foxtrot books haha), my first edition, first printing signed copy of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close that my dad gave me, and then just some books that wouldn't fit on my other shelves.

The next shelf down is my sci-fi/fantasy shelf. What you are seeing is Harry Potter (obvs), His Dark Materials, and some of the Quirk Classics like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. This shelf is double stacked, so... what you aren't seeing is a lot of Star Wars books haha.

The middle shelf is what I consider to be classics or pretty much whatever you would read in an English class in high school. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, To Kill a Mockingbird, Catch-22, Shakespeare, etc.

Next is the YA/chick lit shelf, with the Jessica Darling series, some Meg Cabot, and Twilight.

The bottom shelf is pretty much anything that can be called "contemporary." Mostly fiction, but a few memoirs and a couple of non-fiction too. This shelf is also double stacked and obviously way too full. Meep.



Here is the bookshelf I share with the boyfriend at our apartment, and I would say we split it about 50/50. There is absolutely NO rhyme or reason to how we shelve books on this one, unless you count by size. I pretty much threw the books on there that way just to maximize shelf use. It makes finding books a complete pain, and I hate having them stacked horizontally because I always seem to want to read the one on the bottom! But we are graduating and moving back to the home side of the state in May, so I'm just going to deal with it until then. Seriously, I can't wait to be a real person instead of a college student and have more bookshelves haha.



Here is my to-read pile on my nightstand. Mostly books I have never read before, but there are a few re-reads thrown in.



This is the boyfriend's to-read pile... as made by me. So yeah, we'll see how that turns out haha.

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL BLOG.

    NEW FOLLOWER...found you on a comment made on one of the blogs....so glad I did.

    Love this post too. Neat to see the bookshelves.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete