Featuring book reviews primarily in the sci-fi/fantasy, YA, and contemporary fiction genres.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stacking the Shelves 09/30/12

Hosted by Tynga's Reviews


BOUGHT
 
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
I got Shiver on my kindle from my library, but they didn't have Linger or Forever, and I had to know what happened!

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
 
Love is a Many Trousered Thing by Louise Rennison
I love the Georgia Nicholson series. I've read them all, and I own the first 8 now. I hadn't bought one of these in years! Except it does drive me crazy that my first 4 books in this series are the older covers and the rest are the newer ones. They aren't even the same size! Sigh.

Torment by Lauren Kate
I read Fallen recently and I enjoyed it, although it wasn't a new favorite or anything. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on this series, so I guess I'll just have to find out for myself if it's worth continuing reading. 

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Same with this series: a lot of mixed reviews. But it was one of the $5 copies they are selling for the release of Finale, so I thought I would give it a try. 

Room by Emma Donoghue
I read this book over the summer and absolutely loved it. Fantastic adult fiction.

Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
Bought this because I have Incarceron.... which I still haven't read yet. Whoops.

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
I've heard wonderful things about this book, so I've been wanting this one for a long time. Plus who doesn't like dragons??

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Another one I've been wanting a really long time. I can't wait to read this one.

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde
Read this one recently as well, and I honestly loved it SO much more than his Thursday Next series. I'm super excited for the next book, Painting by Numbers, which is due to come out sometime next year.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Yeah, I know. I haven't read any of these books. But I'm working on it!



 
Three cheers for Amazon gift cards!! A bunch of these were used from the Amazon Marketplace, so I saved a lot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment